We take the privacy of our Customers and their downstream customers very seriously. We never share the information of our Customer’s under any circumstances, unless it is required to complete the transaction contracted with our Customer. In addition, we require our Customers, where applicable, to undertake to respect all relevant data protection laws. This Policy applies to all personal data collected, processed and stored by EcartEcart in relation to its staff, suppliers and service recipients in the course of its activities, and other relevant laws.
What We Do with Your Information
(a) Types of Information We Collect. In connection with access to our Services, we may collect Personal Information, such as identifiers, personal information categories listed in internet or similar network activity, and geolocation data.
We collect or otherwise receive information when you register or open an account, sign in, pay fees, purchase or otherwise use a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We may also obtain information from other companies or third parties, such as when you synchronize a third party account or service with your Ecart account, or when we may use service providers to supplement the Personal Information you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service. We may collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services.
We may automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services ("Usage Data"), such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example, we may collect IP addresses to track and aggregate, retained in pseudonym form (replacing any directly identifying characteristics of personal information), to monitor the locations from which users navigate to our Services. We may also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. We may also, when you enable location-based Services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
(b) How We Use Your Information. We may use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
Account Registration. We may use your name, address, phone number, billing information, and email address to register your account for certain Services we provide and to communicate important information to you. We may obtain additional Personal Information about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources, to keep our records current. If you establish an administrator account that may be accessed by people other than you, please note that they may see and have the ability to change or delete your Personal Information. Please be careful to whom you grant administrator access, as you are responsible for their actions.
To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you requested, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information. We use your personal information to take and handle order, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Customer Service and Technical Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience. We also offer various Internet chat services, for example, to speak with a Ecart customer support representative. Internet Chat transmissions are encrypted, but you should not supply more Personal Information than is required to address your specific issue. A transcript of the session may be retained to resolve questions or issues related to our Services.
Communicate with You and Tell You About Other Services. We may use your information to communicate with you about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you. Please see below under "What You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy" for the choices you have regarding these communications. To Improve Services and Develop New Services. We will use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Service, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of our Services.
Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them. Answering any survey is optional.
(c) How We Share Your Personal Information. Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers personal information to others. We only share personal information in ways that we tell you about. We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties and we do not share personal information with parties that are not owned by us nor under our control or direction except as described in this policy.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, telephone communication, SMS (text messaging), advertising, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, third party surveys or performing analytics. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they’re providing to us or on our behalf.
The Postal Service does not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except to facilitate the transaction, to act on your behalf or request, or as legally required. This includes the following limited circumstances: to a congressional office on your behalf; to financial entities regarding financial transaction issues; to a US Postal Service (USPS) auditor, Mexican postal services as well; to entities, including law enforcement, as required by law or in legal proceedings; and to contractors and other entities aiding us to fulfill the Services (service providers).
For more information regarding other specific carriers you may use via our Services, please see the privacy policies provided by each specific carrier you select.
Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests. We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Information Sharing Between Ecart Entities. We share your information, including your Personal Information, with and among our subsidiaries, except where prohibited by law. Subsidiaries means companies related by common ownership or control. The reasons why we share your information include for our everyday business purposes, such as to: process your transactions, maintain your accounts, operate our business, etc. We may also share information about your transactions and experience so that we can operate our business effectively, detect and prevent fraud, and improve our Services.
Sharing with Third Parties Generally. Ecart may share certain information with carefully selected third parties that will allow them to mail you promotional materials about quality goods and services (including special offers and promotions) that may be of interest to you. The information shared will not include your e-mail address, your phone number, any information related to your postage, mailing activity or postage meter license; or any information related to your customers or address lists. You may contact Ecart at any time to request that your information not be shared with such third parties when you register with Ecart, or by accessing the opt-out link in any email communication from Ecart or by (clicking here).
Sale of Our Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information. If so, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
- With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
(d) Syncing, Linking, Connecting Other Third-Party Services with Your Ecart Service
We work with other companies or developers to offer you products and services and you may choose to sync, link or connect other third-party services with your Ecart Service. Sometimes Ecart may let you know about the service or product, or another company may let you know about a Ecart service or product. If you choose to accept these services, providing your consent to either the third party or to us, we may exchange your information, including your Personal Information, as well as information about how you interact with each provider’s service or product. This exchange of information is necessary to maintain business operations and to provide the ongoing service that you have requested. By requesting or accepting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your information, including your Personal Information, to the other party.
What You Can Do To Manage Your Privacy
(a) Updating Your Personal Information
In connection with your right to manage your Personal Information you provide to us, you may access, update, change, correct or request deletion of your information either through the Service or through our customer support. You can reach our customer support by using the contact information provided in the "How to Contact Us" section of this Policy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
(b) Managing Marketing Communications From Us
We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us.
You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive:
- You may contact Ecart at any time to request that your information not be shared with third parties (other than the USPS) or set preferences when you register with Ecart.
- Access the opt-out link in any email communication from Ecart or by clicking here.
Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
- c) Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Generally we use these tracking technologies to fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our services.
- Remind us of who you are on return visits in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you first visit the Ecart Site.
- Estimate our audience size and measure traffic patterns regarding usage of Ecart network of Sites. Each browser accessing Ecart is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
- Track the number of entries in our promotions.
- Customize the advertising and content you see.
If you are uncomfortable having a cookie placed on your system, you may elect to turn off the cookie or delete existing cookies in your browser. If you turn off or delete the Ecart cookie, you may not be able to receive special offers or personalized content from Ecart.
Technologies such as cookies, or similar technologies, are used by Ecart and our partners (e.g. network advertising partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers (e.g. online customer support providers). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking user movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Please note that even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they just will not be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
(a) Data Retention
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and Ecart records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
(b) Your Access Rights
Upon request and as required by applicable law, you may contact Ecart to confirm whether we maintain, or process on behalf of a third party, and of your Personal Information and to review it in order to verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of our processing of such Personal Information. Where you have determined that the Personal Information we collected about you is inaccurate or processed in violation of applicable law you may also request that your Personal Information be corrected, amended, or deleted. Requests for access to your Personal Information and to have it corrected, amended, or deleted should be sent to [email protected] or to the mailing address provided under
Ecart has committed to respect those rights. If you wish to request access, to limit use, or to limit disclosure, please contact us at [email protected] or the mailing address provided under "How to Contact Us" and please provide the name of the Ecart customer who submitted your Personal Information to our services.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your Information safe is important to us. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Information we collect. Though no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- For example, we:
- Consistently work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information and review our security procedures carefully.
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
- Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information.
- Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data. Limit the staff with access to your Personal Information.
- Transmit, store, protect, and access all cardholder information in compliance with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
HOW ABOUT ADVERTISING?
Third-party advertisers and links to other websites: Ecart services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
Use of third-party advertising services: we provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve with more useful and relevant ecart ads to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this.
Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
- What information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the ¨your account¨ section of the website.
COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
Ecart Services are intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us When You Use Ecart Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Ecart Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or your profile.
- upload your contacts;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Ecart device or service;
- provide information in your seller account, developer account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to Ecart customers;
- offer your products or services on or through Ecart Services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in your profile.
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver's license numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
- credit history information; and
- device log files and configurations.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Ecart Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features.
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Ecart Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances, and 1-Click settings);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries);
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
HOW TO CONTACT US
- b) Via direct mail. Ecart, 2470, Belisario Dominguez Street, Apt. 3, Monterrey, Nuevo Léon, 64060.